[sork] Help please; horde version, forwards customization

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Feb 20 13:07:01 PST 2003

Quoting Nick Vargish <nav at bandersnatch.org>:

> We've got horde 2.2 (not 2.2.1) and IMP 3.1. The forwards package
> is from the nightlies about two days ago.

Which nightlies?  You want the RELENG_2 version, not the HEAD version.

> The default qmail driver isn't going to work for us, since our users
> do not have system accounts and thus no ftp access to their
> directories.

Correct.

> To work around that, I've created a custom driver
> called "vpoplocal", which basically replaces the VFS/ftp operation
> with a call to a custom script which performs the appropriate file
> manipulations in /var/vpopmail/domains/$domain/$user.

Should work.

> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: authenticationfailureredirect() in
> /home/mailplanet/webmail/forwards/lib/base.php on line 49

You are using CVS HEAD of forwards, but released Horde.  That won't work.

> Can anyone tell me where I might have gone wrong? Will upgrading to
> horde 2.2.1 resolve these issues?

No, you need to downgrade the version of forwards to the RELENG_2 branch.

> I'm also a little confused about
> the RELENG versions, I'm guessing these are English-only distributions?

Nope, they are multilingual.  You do in fact want the RELENG_2 branch,
not the HEAD branch.