[sork] passwd module

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Feb 24 16:44:51 PST 2003

> I had previously had the passwd module working with the poppassd
> executable compiled with qPopper 4.0.4, however it had been turned off
> for one reason or another.
>
> Now, I turned it back on.

Have you tested it by hand?  Do a "telnet localhost 106" and then
issue the commands by hand if it connects?

> however an attempt to modify the passwd using
> your module hangs in the browser window for 10-20 seconds, then comes
> back with a "Password changed" message.  However the passwd does not
> change.

Nothing in your system logs?

> Setup:
>    passwd/docs/CHANGES,v 1.1.1.1.2.4 2002/07/01 14:00:20 ericr Exp $

Can you say what is in passwd/lib/version.php as that would be more
meaningful.

> If you need some more information to debug, please let me know, or the
> steps I should take to provide sufficient information to you for any
> insight.  I am logging both HORDE errors (/tmp/horde.log) and PHP errors
> (/tmp/php.log), although no errors are showing up in either when this
> activity occurs.

System (syslog et al) logs might be more useful.  First thing to do is
to check out poppassd by hand to make sure it can connect, etc.  Or if
not by hand, at least by a client like Eudora...