[sork] Questions about CVS and Updating

John Schneider john.schneider at daumcommercial.com
Thu Mar 6 14:31:25 PST 2003

Please forgive me for this newby question:

I want to use CVS to update my SORK scripts (and IMP and HORDE)... Can CVS
update my working scripts even though they have my configuration values in
them. Or do I have to use CVS to download scripts to a different directory
and then go through them to make sure I copy my config settings from the
current scripts to the d/l'ed scripts before moving them into the working
directories? If I must always copy my config settings into the new scripts,
is there an easy or automatic way to do this?

Thank you very much.

John Schneider