[sork] passwd problem.. again! :(

Dorneles Treméa dorneles at x3ng.com.br
Mon Mar 10 22:03:44 PST 2003

Hi Alessio,

> i resolved the issue about the error on line 56 of vpopmail.php specifing the
> 'protocol' type in backends.php

last week I got the same... :-)

> but i'm not still able to change the password, i got a "Failure in changing
> password : Incorect Password" when i try. It seems that he don't recognize my
> old password, in fact, everything i type in the 'old password' field it says
> it's incorrect (event the correct password)
>
> any idea? :)

Yes, the main problem is the encryption method.

Vpopmail uses a mix from crypt and md5. I sent a patch implementing
this at 6th march, check archives.

Try that patch, it should work... :-)

Basically you have to change 'encryption' in backend.php to:

          'encryption' => 'crypt-md5'

And modify 'lib/Driver.php' to handle the new encryption method.

If it work with you, perhaps Eric will include it on the next
release... ;-)

PS: I don't will digitally sign my messages in this lists again, I
think there is a problem with archives parser...

Best regards,

--

Dorneles Treméa
Caxias do Sul - RS - Brasil