[sork] Re: problems with 'passwd' and expect Driver

Jeroen Huinink j.huinink at wanadoo.nl
Thu Mar 13 09:09:13 PST 2003

"Shane Y. Gibson" <shane at tuna.org> wrote:

> The interesting thing is ... I don't think the 'expect' script is firing
> properly, when being called from the web page.  I don't see any login
> attempts on my remote system, where the passwords are being changed.  I
> do have the 'program' parameter in the config file set to
> /usr/bin/expect, which is where the binary is at.

Did you set/verify the program setting in backends.php?

'params' => array(
        'program' => '/usr/bin/expect',
        'script' => 'scripts/passwd_expect',
        'params' => '-telnet -host localhost -output /tmp/passwd.log'
    )

It should point to your expect executable. I've had a similar problem myself
and seen it reported. I posted a patch to this list recently that could help
you debug your expect script from with sork. Search the archives.

Regards,
Jeroen