[sork] ldap password change question

Joe Cave Joe at tendocom.com
Tue Mar 25 14:22:34 PST 2003

> The driver expects to be able to do an anonymous bind first which you
> are not allowing. I think that the solution is to use the passwd
> hooks that are defined in horde/config/hooks.php.

aaah makes sense.

> The userdn hook takes the Auth::getAuth() parameter so yours should
> work with return 'uid=' . $auth . ',ou=accounts,dc=ld,dc=dir'; based
> on your previously attached configuration.

yup works like a charm!

> Mine is:
>
> if (!function_exists('_passwd_hook_userdn')) {
>     function _passwd_hook_userdn($auth)
>     {
>         return 'uid=' . $auth . ',ou=people,o=mydomain.org';
>     }
> }

thanks for including an example :)

only one thing left that is kind of annoying. when i go to the passwd
page i get the following error:

Warning: LDAP: modify operation could not be completed. in
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/mail/horde/lib/Prefs/ldap.php on line 497

my passwd change works fine so its mostly a cosmetic issue i guess.
here's the referenced section of the ldap.php:

        /* Send the hash to the LDAP server. */
        if (ldap_mod_replace($this->connection, $this->dn,
$new_values)) {
            foreach ($dirty_prefs as $pref) {
                $this->setDirty($pref, false);
            }
        } else {
            Horde::logMessage(
                sprintf('Unable to modify preferences: [%d] %s',
                        ldap_errno($this->connection),
                        ldap_error($this->connection)),
                __FILE__, __LINE__);
            $updated = false;
        }

any ideas on why horde is spitting this at me? i don't get errors in
horde.log or ldap.log. can i just comment something out to get rid of
the message?

thanks for the help.

- j