[sork] Passwd 2.2 module and OpenLDAP issue...

Michael P. Hilty mikeh at jordanacoustical.com
Thu Mar 27 10:59:36 PST 2003

Hello,
     I am fairly new at working with LDAP, so please excuse my ignorance on the
subject ;-)
     I am trying to configure the passwd module to change my user's LDAP
password.  Whenever I try to change the LDAP password, it gives me the
following error message:

Failure in changing password : Incorect Password

     The documentation for the passwd module contains almost no information on
configuring it for an LDAP backend.  I have tried several different settings in
the backends.php file, and all of them give the same error message.
     Here is the LDAP section of my backends.php:

$backends['ldap'] = array(
    'name' => 'E-Mail Password',
    'preferred' => 'example.com',
    'password policy' => array(
        'minLength' => 5,
        'maxLength' => 15
    ),
    'driver' => 'ldap',
    'params' => array(
        'host' => '127.0.0.1',
        'port' => 389,
        'basedn' => 'dc=example,dc=com',
        'uid' => 'uid',
        'realm' => ',ou=People,dc=example,dc=com', // this will be appended to
the username when
                       // looking for the userdn.
        'userdn' => 'uid=' . Auth::getAuth() . ',dc=example,dc=com',
        'encryption' => 'md5-base64'
    )
);

     Any help would be greatly appreciated.  This issue is preventing me from
migrating this customer's Linux server to a pure LDAP authentication model
(currently, it is too much of a pain to change the user's LDAP password)

Thanks,
Mike Hilty
Trilogy GraFX Consulting