[sork] Passwd 2.2 module and OpenLDAP issue...

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Mar 27 15:04:20 PST 2003

Quoting "Michael P. Hilty" <mikeh at jordanacoustical.com>:

>      The documentation for the passwd module contains almost no information
> on configuring it for an LDAP backend.

Because the author doesn't use LDAP, an none of the ldap users have stepped
forward to contribute anything in the way of docs.

There is a fair amount in the mailing list archives though that might be
of help.  And hopefully some ldap users on the list who will help.

>         'realm' => ',ou=People,dc=example,dc=com', // this will be appended
> the username when
>                        // looking for the userdn.

That looks incredibly wrong to me.  This should, I would think, either be
empty or your domain name (e.g. example.com).