[sork] Virtual Web under Cpanel...Vacation Notices not working....

Roger Navarro rogern at navcomtt.com
Mon Apr 7 19:04:30 PDT 2003

I have setup a vitual server under Linux, CPanel6 and using Exim and Horde
IMP and would like for my clients to have access to the "Vacation Notices"
module of IMP.
However when they try to setup the vacation messaage by submitting their
password it give s the following error:
"   Failure in modifying vacation notice: Could not login - check password!
"

On investigation I have surmized the following:
- Vacation works by creating or adding some commands into .forward email
(for sendmail or qmail, and/or exim).
- This .forward will be modified or created through FTP. It does this by
trying to log in to the FTP server using the login credential of the logged
in user. However I suspect because horde does not save the password in the
session var, it must ask you for the password.
- Because the user can't login to FTP it says "Could not login" at the top
of the screen.
This also explains why only the (Virtual Web Account) main user can perform
the change since that user does have FTP login access.

Is there an easy way to get this to work with out going through FTP?  Any
other suggestions would be appreciated!

Roger