[sork] Virtual Web under Cpanel...Vacation Notices not working....

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Apr 7 23:42:55 PDT 2003

Quoting Roger Navarro <rogern at navcomtt.com>:

> However when they try to setup the vacation messaage by submitting their
> password it give s the following error:
> "   Failure in modifying vacation notice: Could not login - check password!
> "

Bummer.  Can you better explain your setup?

> On investigation I have surmized the following:
> - Vacation works by creating or adding some commands into .forward email
> (for sendmail or qmail, and/or exim).

It *can* do this, but doesn't need to.  It can also support, for example,
sql based vacation notices.

> - This .forward will be modified or created through FTP. It does this by
> trying to log in to the FTP server using the login credential of the logged
> in user.

It can do this, yes, but doesn't need to (e.g. sql)

> However I suspect because horde does not save the password in the
> session var, it must ask you for the password.

No.  Horde knows the password you used to login to Horde.  It asks for the
password again as a security precaution, and/or because the backend may
use a different password than the Horde login.

> - Because the user can't login to FTP it says "Could not login" at the top
> of the screen.

Sounds reasonable.  The question is why can't it login?

> This also explains why only the (Virtual Web Account) main user can perform
> the change since that user does have FTP login access.

If using ftp...

> Is there an easy way to get this to work with out going through FTP?  Any
> other suggestions would be appreciated!

Try the sql driver, if as I assume your users are stored in SQL.

But I'd need more info to help more.  Maybe someone else who knows
the tools you are using can help.