[sork] sqlprocmail forwards driver (1)

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Apr 7 23:56:43 PDT 2003

Quoting Carlos Alberto Barcenilla <barce at dearriba.com>:

>   I wrote a forwards driver which I named 'sqlprocmail'. Having no

First, thanks for submitting your code!

> chance to use the FTP-based forwards driver I chose to write my own driver.

Why can't you use the ftp-based driver, but create a procmail file instead
of a .forward file?

>   sqlprocmail stores the forwarding  information in a database table,
> then, an external script (actually written in Perl, attached to thie
> message) takes that data from the database and generates .procmailrc
> files in each user's home directory.

I'm confused why you want this info in a database first, then generate
the procmail file from the database file.  Why not just create the
procmail file directly?

>    Though it's a beta module it's working fine at my installation. If
> you like you can include it in the forwards CVS.

I'll check it out and include it if appropriate.  It may be a while until
I can look at it.

I'd be most interested in why you implemented it the way you did though.
I'm not saying it is bad or wrong or anything, I'm just trying to find
out why you did it the way you did.

>    In addition I fixed a few bugs in the forwards code, spanish
> translation and I'm proposing a little change in the drivers (making
> optional the password input box).

I'll look for the bug fixes.  For translations, you should contact the
original translator, and/or the i18n mailing list.  The idea of making
the password option is fine I suppose -- though a real security risk.