[sork] sqlprocmail forwards driver (1)

Carlos Alberto Barcenilla barce at dearriba.com
Tue Apr 8 10:03:08 PDT 2003

Hi

   The e-mail server (IMAP/procmail) runs in a different box than horde
and it has no ftp access. I could used .forward instead of procmail
files, I chose procmail because it has more features than .forward and
I'm planning to integrate "forwards" and "vacation" in the same procmail
file.

    In addition having all of the data centralized in a database server
improves manageability, in my opinion, I find simpler as an admin to
update a database table than touching/viewing files with vi or cat. In
fact having the sql table I could integrate it with my user
administration applications, so the support personnel could easily
"solve" user's problems like "I'm  not receiveing e-mail" and answers
like "fool! you had redirected your mailbox!" without having root
accounts to view .forward files in home directories.

    I found in horde, forwards and vacation a good and customizable
design. So this driver is just another option, if someone likes it's
features he can use it.

    What CVS branch should my updates be based on? Now I'm using
RELENG_2, am I right?

Thanks for your fast response.