[sork] sork with vpopmail and multiple domains

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Apr 8 12:25:35 PDT 2003

Quoting marco at telis.winf1.at:

> i posted this question sometime before, but noone answered me. my question

Sorry.

> is, if it is possible to
> use sork with vpopmail and multiple domains.

I'm sure it is.  But you probably need to describe your setup and the
problem you are trying to solve before anyone can help much.

In particular, which part(s) of sork are you trying to use, and what
version?

> i tried to do it, but i didn't
> succeed, because
> everything concerning the domain etc. has to be hardcoded in backends.php

I guess you mean password then, as the others don't have a backends.php?

First, it allows configuration per domain via a drop down list.  So your
statement is wrong from that point of view.

Second, backends.php is a php file, meaning you can put any valid php code
in it.  So you can query the domain info and set the variables appropriately
in that file via php code.  You don't need to use static values in other
words, the values can be generated at run time based on any criteria
available at run time.  So again your argument is wrong.

> i hope someone can answer me

Yes, but we'd need more info.  What are you trying to do.  What problem
do you have?  Why isn't a drop down list a solution?  What version of the
software are you running?