[sork] Re: Vacation, Sendmail and virtual users/domains

Jan Helge Røe jan at karustad.no
Thu Apr 10 16:32:01 PDT 2003

Eric Rostetter wrote:
> Quoting Jan Helge Røe <jan at karustad.no>:
>

>>I having problem using Vacation with my virtual users in Sendmail. After
>>setting the Vacation msg. I try to send a mail to the Virtual
e-mailadress,
>>there is no response. When I try to send mail to the useraccount
>>(localusr at localhost.localhost), the Vacation complete it's task, and I get
>>response.
>

> You need to specify the aliases for their address, and then it should
work.

> *BUT* I think this is broken in the release versions, and you will need to
> run RELENG_2 or HEAD to get it working, *I THINK*.
>
> I *hope* to be releasing new versions soon to fix some known bugs like
this.

>>Is there possible to fix this?
>

> Install RELENG_2 version and specify the aliases in the field provided.

>Chora shows no changes to vacation/main.php in 2 months.  I don't think
>RELENG_2 will work until you merge those changes (which you said you
>would do ASAP almost a month ago).
>John

I have tried Vacation-2.2.tar.gz, Vacation-2003.04.09.tar.gz and
Vacation-RELENG-2003-04-09.tar.gz without any luck.
I also tried to update my Vacation program to the Vacation-1.2.6.1.tar.gz
release. In this release there is a
vacation-virtual.domains file, do I need to add this to my Vacation program
and if so, how do I add it?

Thank you for all your replies.

Regards
Jan Helge Røe