[sork] Virtual Web under Cpanel...Vacation Notices not working....

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 10 16:31:25 PDT 2003

Quoting Roger Navarro <rogern at navcomtt.com>:

NOTE: Please keep discussions on the mailing lists!

> > Bummer.  Can you better explain your setup?
>
> I have a VPS Server using CPANEL.  I will have about 10 Virtual websites on
> the server when I am finished.  It All runs on LINUX.

Unfortunately that is fairly meaningless to me.  Hopefully someone else
on the list might know what cpanel is or how it might work?

> > > On investigation I have surmized the following:
> > > - Vacation works by creating or adding some commands into .forward email
> > > (for sendmail or qmail, and/or exim).
> >
> > It *can* do this, but doesn't need to.  It can also support, for example,
> > sql based vacation notices.
>
> OK But how do I tell it to use the SQL database for vacation notices?
> What file do I need to edit?  What to change?

vacation/config/conf.php

> > > Is there an easy way to get this to work with out going through FTP?  Any
> > > other suggestions would be appreciated!
> >
> > Try the sql driver, if as I assume your users are stored in SQL.
>
> HOW DO I USE THE SQL DRIVER FOR HORDE.?

I would hope you already have it working in Horde, or there is little
point moving on to vacation.  So I will assume you mean who to do it in
vacation?  If so, change vacation/config/conf.php and set up the following
variables as appropriate for your system:

$conf['server']['driver'] = 'sql';
// For sql driver, we need to define the database info.
$conf['server']['params'] = array();
$conf['server']['params']['phptype'] = 'mysql';
$conf['server']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
$conf['server']['params']['username'] = 'username';
$conf['server']['params']['password'] = '*****';
$conf['server']['params']['vacation'] = 'vacation'; // y/n ENUM
$conf['server']['params']['message'] = 'vacation_msg';
$conf['server']['params']['subject'] = 'vacation_sub';
$conf['server']['params']['database'] = 'users';
$conf['server']['params']['table'] = 'users';
$conf['server']['params']['user_col'] = 'user';
$conf['server']['params']['pass_col'] = 'password';

Some of those values may have to change (like password, username, pass_col,
etc).