[sork] Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed

Timothy Brown Timbrown at remc4.k12.mi.us
Fri Apr 18 16:28:28 PDT 2003

Only after "localhost" and the IP address did try putting the FQDN in
the conf.php file.  I also should add that I am running the final
version of imp, nag, nmemo, kronolith, and turba with out a problem.  In
the configs for each of these other packages I used 'localhost' and
every thing works great.  This is all runing on one Sun Server running
Solaris 8.  Here are the versions that I am running:
Horde: 2.2.1
IMP: 3.2
Turba: 1.2
Kronolith: 1.0
Mnemo: 1.1
Nag: 1.1
Passwd: 2.2
PHP Version: 4.3.1

- Tim

Quoting Timothy Brown <Timbrown at remc4.k12.mi.us>:

> Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: php_network_getaddresses:
> getaddrinfo failed: no address in
> /usr/local/apache/htdocs/horde/passwd/lib/Driver/poppassd.php on
line
> 34

Looks like it can't resolve server.remc4.k12.mi.us to an address, or
it
can't connect to that address.  Possible reasons:

* Typo in the hostname/setup/configuration
* firewall, tcp wrappers, etc. blocking connections
* DNS problem