[sork] Re: vacation problem

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Apr 18 19:49:35 PDT 2003

Quoting Hapee de Groot <webtop at xs4all.nl>:

> Hi Eric,
>
> with regards to the enclosed problem I need your help, is there any other
> solution to this problem? this solution does not work for me, could you be
> of any assistance?

This is "fixed" in the newest versions.  You just need to configure it
for the type of database files your program needs.

> Currently vacation just creates an empty file for the .vacation.db file.

This is no longer true for current versions.

> Some (your) vacation program don't like this.  You can fix this for
> yourself
> by doing an "vacation -i" command (see your man page for more info) in
> your
> account as yourself.  But this is on the todo list to fix.

Do a "vacation -i" to create the files needed.  Do a "file" command on
them to see what version they are.  Configure your vacation module for
that type and it should work.