[sork] Forwards and Proftpd

Espen Jürgensen espen at hhkol.dk
Wed Apr 23 14:19:11 PDT 2003

> However, when I click the forwards again (let say I change the forwards address),
> I need also 1~2 minutes to go into the page.

We experience the same problem.

When it appeared, I investigated the matter and the delay seems to be caused by an error in PHP's FTP support regarding transfer of small files. So Sork/Forwards isn't really to blame.

I also did the rather strange finding that removing $notification = &Notification::singleton(); in base.php makes the error go away. However, this can hardly be used as a fix.

The above findings apply for PHP 4.1.2, but I suspect your problem is the same. Perhaps newer versions of PHP don't have the bug?

Kind regards
Espen Jürgensen