[sork] Forwards and Proftpd

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 24 17:38:22 PDT 2003

Quoting gilbertng at szetoho.edu.hk:

> I am using the IMP and forwards and get some problem, I have install the
> forwards to my Horde and it is fine and I can see the icon.  So I click it,
> but
> when I input the forwarded email and click "Submit", it need about more than
> 1~2 minutes to process the request.

Probably proftp is taking a long time, or otherwise misbehaving.  Maybe it
supports some encryption format and that is the slowness?  Or maybe it
doesn't exit cleanly when we expect it to?  Don't know, as I don't use
proftp.  Check your log files for any clues.  A sniffer would probably
tell a lot, if you can put one on your network.  Could be an auth/identd
server timeout also?

> Okay, I wait for it.  It is also work okay and I can forwards the mail.

Okay, so it is working, just annoyingly slow.

> However, when I click the forwards again (let say I change the forwards
> address) , I need also 1~2 minutes to go into the page.

It is trying to retrieve the forwarding address so it can pre-fill in
the form.

> I am using the Proftpd and I don't know why it need so much time to process
> the
> request.  Can anyone help me!!

Not me.  Seems to be specific to your setup.