[sork] I've figured this out.

Regis Chang regischang at netzero.net
Fri May 2 09:35:29 PDT 2003

Ok.  I've figured it out.

There are a few things I had to do to make this work.  I'm not sure if
Akansha Prabhat needs to know, but it looks like we were both running the
same configuration of the Qmail toaster.  The issue is that passwd is
looking for a field in the vpopmail database, domain table, called
pw_domain.

This particular installation of the toaster does not have the pw_domain. So
one question I do have is this:  Is this a default in vpopmail itself?  Why
wouldn't we have this field?

The workaround is to install username hooks for your domain, to add the
pw_domain field to the table, add the crypt-md5 encryption that was provided
here, edit the Driver.php with the proper patch from this newsgroup for
vpopmail, and to edit the vpopmail.php to comment out the query for the
domain in two different places.

This is a pretty dirty fix, but it does make passwd work.

This probably won't matter for the majority of you out there, as I doubt
there are too many people that install via the toaster, but if you need
step-by-step directions, feel free to e-mail me.

Thanks for everything here.  The product is great and this newsgroup is
quite the endless supply of valuable knowledge.

Regis

news:b8k6f1$ht4$1 at main.gmane.org...