[sork] Procmail with Sork

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Jul 14 08:27:22 PDT 2003

Quoting Eric de la Goublaye de Ménorval <eric at elo.utfsm.cl>:

>     Hi!!! I'm writing from La Paz, Bolivia...  I try a lot to run procmail
> with Sork but i really couldn't. Sork create .forward and .vacation.msg
> withouht problem and I have installed  /usr/bin/vacation.

This really isn't a procmail issue/setup.

>     Could someone help me with my procmail configuration please!!!! or tell
> where to get more info???

The problem is with sendmail, not procmail.  See below.

>   ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
> "|/usr/bin/vacation eric"
>     (reason: Service unavailable)
>     (expanded from: <eric at ......>)

> smrsh: "vacation" not available for sendmail programs (stat failed)
> 554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

Sendmail is running with the sendmail restricted shell (smrsh) which is
a good thing.  But you didn't register vacation with the smrsh.  You need
to do something like:

ln -s /usr/bin/vacation /etc/smrsh/vacation

See the sendmail docs for more info.