[sork] Accounts/quota

MiikaT mlist.horde2 at finansium.fi
Mon Jul 28 01:42:04 PDT 2003

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:

> Depends on various things.  Do you have quotas enabled?  Did you setup a
> quota driver in account's config files?  Can you get the quotas locally on
> your mail server?  How are you getting the quotas?

I have enabled quota for "/" and only for user "testi" and "testi2", so
basically quota is for /home/testi:

quota -v testi
Disk quotas for user testi (uid 501):
     Filesystem  blocks   quota   limit   grace   files   quota   limit   grace
/dev/Volume00/LogVol00
                  22000*  21000   22000              98       0       0

If I sudo quota as user "testi" (or nobody, both users have sudo right to
quota), I can get quota for both users, who have quota set.

> Assuming your web server runs as "nobody" that is one way to get it to
> work.  But not the easiest way for RH 9.

Apache is running as user nobody. If sudo is not the easiest, what might be
easier?

> See the notes about quotas in horde/accounts/lib/Driver/localhost.php,
> and see the info at https://mail.ph.utexas.edu/patches/ (the last / is
> important) and if you have problems (which you may, since things changed
> from RH 7 to RH 8, unless you are using NFS or something) then let me
> know.

I tried to follow the instructions, I didn't touch
accounts/lib/Driver/localhost.php, only accounts/config/conf.php:

$conf['server']['driver'] = 'localhost';
$conf['server']['params'] = array();
$conf['server']['params'] = array(
  'quota_path' => '/usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/quota',
  'grep_path'  => '/bin/grep'
);

Have I missed something? For IMP, I followed readme.quotas-sudo instructions
for creating the quota hook.

-MiikaT