[sork] Accounts/quota

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Jul 28 06:11:36 PDT 2003

Quoting MiikaT <mlist.horde2 at finansium.fi>:

> I have enabled quota for "/" and only for user "testi" and "testi2", so
> basically quota is for /home/testi:
>
> quota -v testi
> Disk quotas for user testi (uid 501):
>      Filesystem  blocks   quota   limit   grace   files   quota   limit
> grace
> /dev/Volume00/LogVol00
>                   22000*  21000   22000              98       0       0

Okay.  So the code basically tries to find the login directory for the user
and match that to the quota output.  Worked well for older RH versions and/or
NFS mounts.  But, for RH 9 systems like yours, your login directory is
probably /home/testi where as the quota output is "/dev/Volume00/LogVol00"
instead of "/home" or "/" or whatever.

So basically, for RH 9 default setup, you need to edit the quota code and
change the reference to homedir to something that will work (like
"/dev/Volume00" or "/dev/Volume00/LogVol00").

I've not had time to update the web page yet to reflect this change.

> Have I missed something? For IMP, I followed readme.quotas-sudo instructions
> for creating the quota hook.

No, not really.  But RH 9 is so different from RH 7, that some changes are
needed, and I've not had time to update the web page yet.