[sork] Accounts/quota

MiikaT mlist.horde2 at finansium.fi
Tue Jul 29 09:00:46 PDT 2003

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:

> Okay.  So the code basically tries to find the login directory for the user
> and match that to the quota output.  Worked well for older RH versions
> and/or
> NFS mounts.  But, for RH 9 systems like yours, your login directory is
> probably /home/testi where as the quota output is "/dev/Volume00/LogVol00"
> instead of "/home" or "/" or whatever.

I made some test on RH 7.2 setup, and I found that quota worked pretty
much the same way, as it does on the RH9 setup. On RH7.2 I had
quota setup on "/", which is /dev/hda3 and quota -v "username" returned
same kind of information as the quota on RH9 /dev/"devicename", no
logical name, such as /home/"username". On RH9 I have lvm enabled, so
/dev/Volume00 is displayed instead of /dev/sda1.

I am not into hacking the c code of the quota source, so is there any
tests/logs, which could tell us anything, what accounts is trying to do when
accessing quota? Basically just to see, if sudo and other setup is ok.

-MiikaT