[sork] Passwd module problem - vpopmail + mysql + multiple domains

steven lim stevenlim99 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 19 09:46:47 PDT 2003

Hi Guys,

Need some help here.

I have installed the following modules/packages
horde-RELENG-2003-08-18.tar.gz
imp-RELENG-2003-08-18.tar.gz
passwd-RELENG-2003-08-18.tar.gz

Everything is working fine ( send/receive email)
except the part when the user wanted to change the password ( ie passwd
module)

Detail of the problem :
1. After clicking "Change your password" button, get the following error on
the browser :
   "Failure in changing password : Unable to connect to SQL server."
2. Got the following error in the apache log file :
    [Wed Aug 20 00:33:21 2003] [error] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:
protocol in /..../horde/passwd/lib/Driver/vpopmail.php on line 55
3. No error in the  /tmp/horde.log

I would suspect that I need to setup a protocol variable somewhere, but
where?
and what value would it take.
I have check throught the <sork> user list but no similar report

Probably, my backend.php is not correct, please help.

backend.php is as follows :
$backends['vpopmail'] = array (
    'name' => 'vpopmail Authentication',
    'preferred' => '',