[sork] Passwd module problem - vpopmail + mysql + multiple domains

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Aug 19 13:48:45 PDT 2003

Quoting steven lim <stevenlim99 at hotmail.com>:

> Detail of the problem :
> 1. After clicking "Change your password" button, get the following error on
> the browser :
>    "Failure in changing password : Unable to connect to SQL server."

Yep, pretty clear.

> 2. Got the following error in the apache log file :
>     [Wed Aug 20 00:33:21 2003] [error] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:
> protocol in /..../horde/passwd/lib/Driver/vpopmail.php on line 55

Strangely, you do appear to set it, though incorrectly.  Strange it says
it is undefined...

> I would suspect that I need to setup a protocol variable somewhere, but
> where?

Strange part is that it seems as though you did.  :)

> and what value would it take.

Depends on your sql setup.  It should be either 'unix' for unix sockets
or 'tcp' for tcp/ip sockets, which ever your database acccepts.

> Probably, my backend.php is not correct, please help.

Either that, or your horde configuration, or a bug in the snapshot you
are using.

> backend.php is as follows :
> $backends['vpopmail'] = array (
>     'name' => 'vpopmail Authentication',
>     'preferred' => '',
>     'password policy' => array(
>         'minLength' => 3,
>         'maxLength' => 8,
>         'maxSpace' => 0,
>         'minUpper' => 0,
>         'minLower' => 0,
>         'minNumeric' => 0
>     ),
>     'driver' => 'vpopmail',
>     'params' => array(
>         'phptype'    => 'mysql',
>         'hostspec'   => 'localhost',
>         'socket'     => '/tmp/mysql.sock',
>         'protocol'   => 'mysql',

You set protocol to 'mysql' but it should be either 'unix' or 'tcp' instead.