[sork] fixes to vacation to address items in TODO

John Woodell woodie at netpress.com
Tue Sep 9 17:28:25 PDT 2003

Greetings,

I have modified horde/vacation to fix what seem to be bugs,
and to make it work the way my users expect it should.

http://www.netpress.com/vacation/vacation-diffs.tar

My version has the following features:

- The user does not need to provide their password or aliases.
  The password comes from horde, and the aliases come from ldap.

  Note: in the distro, the the aliases feature was broken,
        whatever you entered was simply ignored.

- The name of the user and homedir location are picked up
  from the system (so hopefully horde is running on the same
  UNIX box that is running imap and sendmail).

  http://www.netpress.com/vacation/vacation-mod.png

- The subject and message are now two fields.

- The 'live' vacation message and subject are always
  displayed when the notice is active.

  Note: in the distro, the text of your message is always replaced
        by the default text... which feels like a bug.

- The radio buttons go away when the .forward file exists
  so there is no way to cancel when notice is unset, and the
  text properly reads 'update' which is what actually happens
  when the notice is set.

  http://www.netpress.com/vacation/vacation-off.png
  http://www.netpress.com/vacation/vacation-on.png

Now I plan to create a horde module called vacationtime:

  http://www.netpress.com/vacationtime/vacationtime.htm

This will work with my vacationtime scheduler program:

  http://www.netpress.com/vacationtime/vacationtime