[sork] vpopmail + mysql + passwd (yet another problem)

Aaron Stanford stanford.16 at osu.edu
Thu Oct 2 14:16:34 PDT 2003

Hello,

I have reviewed the mailing lists, FAQ's, documentation, and googled, as well
as
trying an obscure Egyptian rain dance, and have not been able to find the
answer to this problem.  The most relevant list entry was Monday, Apr 28 from
Regis Chang, but I could not find a replay.

Similarly, I am using the vpopmail + horde + mysql solution implemented in a
package called horde_toaster.

I am using Horde 2.2.3, Imp 3.2.2, and passwd 2.2 w/mysql.  All components work
properly except the passwd module.  I have applied the relevant mailing list
patches for Driver.php, vpopmail.php, and backends.php, which solved numerous
problems and brought me to this point.

To attempt to change a password, I enter the password module and type the
following information:
Username:  user at domain.com
Old Password: secret
New Password: topsecret
Confirm New:  topsecret

At which point I get the error "User Not Found"

The relevent portion /horde/passwd/config/backends.php file is as follows:
$backends['vpopmail'] = array (
    'name' => 'the Technical Advocates Mail Server',
    'preferred' => '',
    'password policy' => array(
        'minLength' => 6,
        'maxLength' => 9,
        'maxSpace' => 0,
        'minUpper' => 0,
        'minLower' => 0,
        'minNumeric' => 0
    ),
    'driver' => 'vpopmail',
    'params' => array(
        'phptype'    => 'mysql',
        'hostspec'   => 'localhost',
        'protocol'   => 'tcp',
        'username'   => 'vpopmail',
        'password'   => '*******',
        'encryption' => 'crypt-md5',
        'database'   => 'vpopmail',
        'table'      => 'vpopmail',
        'name'    => 'pw_name',
        'domain'  => 'pw_domain',
        'passwd' =>  'pw_passwd',
        'clear_passwd' => 'pw_clear_passwd',
        'use_clear_passwd' => true
    )
);

A dump of my vpopmail database yields the following tables:
dir_control (which contains a list of domains)

and a seperate table for each domain in the form
domain_com

each domain_com table has the following relevant fields:
pw_name
pw_passwd

and lacks the following relevant field:
pw_domain

I conclude from this that my settings in backends.php,
        'table'      => 'vpopmail'
and     'domain'  => 'pw_domain'

are incorrect, but I don't know how to deal with this.

Can I provide any more relevant information?

Thanks,
Aaron

Aaron Stanford
Electrical and Computer Engineer