[sork] Infinte loop with apache Alias

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Oct 7 13:02:29 PDT 2003

Quoting "Oliver Schulze L." <oliver at samera.com.py>:

> Forgot to post the apache alias:
> Alias /myalias "/var/www/html/horde/passwd"

> > I have installed passwd 2.2 in my apache server(RH9) like this:
> > http://mail.example.com/horde/passwd/
> >
> > I made an Alias in apache, so that the above URL is also here:
> > https://mail.example.com/myalias/
> >
> > When I login in:
> > https://mail.example.com/myalias/
> > it enters in an infinite loop. MozillaFirebird warn me about this. IE
> > just
> > keep inside the infinte loop.
> >
> > Anyone has seen this?

Not that exact situation, no.  But realize when you hit /myalias/ it will
check if you are logged in or not, and redirect to /horde/ (or where ever
you do your authentication) if not.  Then after authentication it should
redirect back to passwd.  Not sure, but you may need to change your
horde/config/registry.php application paths to get it all working
correctly.

Did you change anything in registry.php to accomodate the alias?  See
the FAQ at http://www.horde.org/faq/admin/ for info on changes needed
when setting up aliases.