[sork] passwd-2.2 + poppassd-ceti-1.8.3 = password did not change

Dang Thi Nhung nhung_dang at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 30 23:11:59 PST 2003

Hello,

Yes, I have all of your directions but password still didn't change.

Now, poppassd has worked when I tested by console (I mean that password of user changed). However, when I tested by telnet (using port 106 - is port 106 busy???), it's failed. I still received: "Connection closed by foreign host".

I found lines below in /etc/services:

# unfortunately the poppassd (Eudora) uses a port which has already

# been assigned to a different service. We list the poppassd as an

# alias here. This should work for programs asking for this service.

# (due to a bug in inetd the 3com-tsmux line is disabled)

#3com-tsmux 106/tcp poppassd

#3com-tsmux 106/udp poppassd
I haven't found what service using port 106. I am waiting for yours help.

Thanks.
Dtnhung.

"Karl J. Smalley" <Karl.J.Smalley at mail.jci.tju.edu> wrote:
Quoting "Karl J. Smalley" :

Those 2 lines should be addes to /etc/services. Also based on the linux version,
which I missed the first time - you will have to add a file called poppasswd in
/etc/xinetd.d whic will look something like this:

service poppassd
{
socket_type = stream
wait = no