[sork] Vacation problem

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Dec 2 14:05:22 PST 2003

Quoting AJ <aj at mindcrash.com>:

> Eric,
>   Thanks for the response.
> I believe vacation is using the db3 database format.  Is this what you are
> referring to?

Yes, but what db3 format (db3 supports multiple formats).
If this is unix, do a "vacation -i" to create them, then use the "file"
command to find out what format they are.

> I cannot seem to figure out how to switch formats or even tell
> vacation what format to use.  I think it uses whatever sendmail does, right?

What version of vacation are you running?  In vacation/config/conf.php there
should be something like:

// The type of database file to use if using the forwards backend.
// Valid types are:
//
// empty:      An empty file
// hash:       Berkeley DB 2.x hash, little endian
// hash3:      Berkeley DB 3.x hash, little endian
// btree:      Berkeley DB 2.x btree, little endian
// gdbm:       GNU dbm (gdbm) database, little endian

$conf['server']['params']['dbtype'] = 'empty';

That is at least in CVS HEAD and RELENG, and I *think* the release version.