[sork] Vacation - unable to connect to server

Peter K. Botcherby Peter.Botcherby at genetics.kcl.ac.uk
Mon Dec 8 05:19:07 PST 2003

Previously with the Horde 2.2.3 stable release I had problems with vacation not
honouring aliases so following Eric's advice I installed the CVS versions of
Horde and Imp and Sork

However, after I installed the Horde-CVS version I found that I could not login
directly to Horde using passwd.  Ended up using an ftp backend which allowed me
to setup the configuration file for the applications through the web interface.

I can now login if the Horde backend is set to imap and using IMP everything
works fine.  imap/ssl works fine too.

All ok except the vacation and forward modules - that say they cannot connect to
the ftp server.  ftp is enabled in php which I have updated to php-4.3.4 and
all tests appear to be working correctly.  (BTW Not tried the passwd module yet
but presume I can use poppasswd to set the Unix passwd without using pop.)

Below is the only error message that shows up nothing is logged elsewhere as
afar as I can tell.

Failure in modifying vacation notice: Connection to FTP server failed. Check
your username and password

As initially I had to use ftp as the backend to login to horde I do not
understand what is going on and would appreciate your help again.  I really
need to get vacation and forwards working.

regards & thanks
Peter

Horde Applications

Notice: Undefined index: fileroot in /usr/apache/htdocs/horde/lib/Test.php on
line 599

Horde: 3.0-cvs
Imp: 4.0-cvs (run Imp tests)
Turba: 2.0-cvs (run Turba tests)
Kronolith: 2.0-cvs
Mnemo: 2.0-cvs
Nag: 2.0-cvs
Nic: 0.0.2-cvs (run Nic tests)
Jonah: 0.0.3-cvs (run Jonah tests)
Klutz: 0.0.1-cvs
Forwards: 2.2-cvs
Passwd: 2.2-cvs
Vacation: 2.2-cvs
PHP Version 4.3.4 all on Solaris 9 sparc