[sork] vacation, xml-config and realm

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Jan 27 02:31:31 PST 2004

> the sork-modules use different "config-styles"
> accounts: conf.xml without realm or preferred
> forwards: conf.xml with realms
> passwd: backends.php with preferred

This (backends.php) is the preferred one, because this is how all other
Horde applications work that support different backends.

> vacation: conf.xml with realms
>
> I am not sure I get this right, please correct me if not:
> realms: the "server" selection is based on the username (user at realm)
> preferred: the selection is based on the server-hostname ($_SERVER
> ['SERVER_NAME'] or $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'])
>
> so we have 2 possibilities to choose a "server". because there are also other
> horde-modules who need "server-selection" it would be nice to include that
> somewhere in the horde-framework. with that, the "server-selection" would be
> the same for each module who use conf.xml. (I think it should be somewhere in
> horde/lib/Horde.php)
>
> but I have no idea if this is possible or not (I'm new to
> horde-development...)

There is not much code necessary to switch between backends, so there is no
need to put this into the general framework. Beside that, if you leave it
in the configuration file, admins can do much fancier backend selection
based on their own criterias.

> maybe it would be easier to just add my vacation-patch :-)

Easier, yes, perhaps. Clean or correct, no.

Jan.

http://www.ammma.de - Neue Wege des Lernens