[sork] changing passwords on courier-imap

Martin Luethi horde at humbapa.ch
Tue Feb 3 00:31:27 PST 2004

Fri, 30 Jan 2004 17:35:28 -0600 (CST) dmoore at interactivate.com:
> I'm looking to change a password on courier-imap with the passwd module.
> We have virtual users.

I modified the mysql-user-table to store all my users in mysql. then I use
proftpd, exim and courier to authenticate against mysql. as long as a user
doesn't need a shell account I just need to setup a user in mysql and the same
userinformation will be used for ftp, mail and mysql.
I don't know if this is a common way to manage virtual users, but with this its
now really easy to add/change a user.

g. tinu