[sork] Sork modules problem

Mark Toomey mark at fcs.uga.edu
Tue Feb 3 13:28:21 PST 2004

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 08:03:28AM -0600, Eric Rostetter wrote:
> Quoting Mark Toomey <mark at fcs.uga.edu>:
>
> > passwd: I'm using poppassd and it works fine when I telnet to 106 and change
> > a password, but when I try with a user under passwd/horde, as soon as I type
> > in the new password twice and submit, it jumps back to the login page under
> > IMP and doesn't change the password.
>
> The only time we've seen things jump to the login screen is when your
> authentication is messed up.  Usually this is because of a bad session
> name string.
>
> > This behaviour is repeated when using the Forwards and Vacation modules.
>
> What is your session name set to?

; Name of the session (used as cookie name).
session.name = PHPSESSID

> > Eric asked if I was using cookies, and I was, but have turned them off in
> > php.ini.
>
> Been meaning to get back to you (in my to-do queue).  Cookies are better
> than non-cookies.  But make sure your session name is valid and that
> the cookie path is set correctly.
>
> > He mentioned this could be a URL issue - well, I *am* using Redirects and
> > Aliases in httpd.conf to make sure that any request to http://mysite/horde
> > or imp go to https://mysite/horde.
>
> Should be okay as long as you do it correctly.

In httpd.conf:

 Redirect /webmail https://www.fcs.uga.edu/horde/imp
..
..

> > I also have a virtualhost declared for webmail.myhost.edu pointing to the
> > appropriate place.
>
> That could be problematic if you mix the real name and the virtual host
> name.

In httpd.conf:

<VirtualHost webmail.fcs.uga.edu>
  ServerName webmail.fcs.uga.edu
  DocumentRoot /www/horde
  Redirect / https://webmail.fcs.uga.edu/horde/imp/
</VirtualHost>

> > Imp and Turba work Great, but I'm going nuts trying to diagnose the Sork
> > stuff.
>
> Sometimes the errors show up in only a few modules, due to the way
> urls are encoded.  Strange, I admit, but been my experience.

The frustrating thing is this *all* worked with the old versions, but after
upgrading from RH 7.3 to RH 9 and rebuilding to all the latest components,
the sork ones are giving me a heck of a time.

Mark Toomey, Systems & Network Manager
Family & Consumer Sciences, UGA
mark at fcs dot uga dot edu: Yahoo IM: mark_toomey
Owner: USG-TECH & COOLTECH Listservs
voice:706-542-4738 - fax:706-542-4168
Linux: The Power of Choice