[sork] Sork modules problem

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Feb 3 06:03:28 PST 2004

Quoting Mark Toomey <mark at fcs.uga.edu>:

> passwd: I'm using poppassd and it works fine when I telnet to 106 and change
> a password, but when I try with a user under passwd/horde, as soon as I type
> in the new password twice and submit, it jumps back to the login page under
> IMP and doesn't change the password.

The only time we've seen things jump to the login screen is when your
authentication is messed up.  Usually this is because of a bad session
name string.

> This behaviour is repeated when using the Forwards and Vacation modules.

What is your session name set to?

> Eric asked if I was using cookies, and I was, but have turned them off in
> php.ini.

Been meaning to get back to you (in my to-do queue).  Cookies are better
than non-cookies.  But make sure your session name is valid and that
the cookie path is set correctly.

> He mentioned this could be a URL issue - well, I *am* using Redirects and
> Aliases in httpd.conf to make sure that any request to http://mysite/horde
> or imp go to https://mysite/horde.

Should be okay as long as you do it correctly.

> I also have a virtualhost declared for webmail.myhost.edu pointing to the
> appropriate place.

That could be problematic if you mix the real name and the virtual host
name.

> Imp and Turba work Great, but I'm going nuts trying to diagnose the Sork
> stuff.

Sometimes the errors show up in only a few modules, due to the way
urls are encoded.  Strange, I admit, but been my experience.