[sork] Forwards - need a 166 umask

Mark Toomey mark at fcs.uga.edu
Tue Feb 10 12:21:51 PST 2004

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 03:37:05PM -0600, Eric Rostetter wrote:
> Quoting Mark Toomey <mark at fcs.uga.edu>:
>
> >The .forwards file being created by the forwards module creates the file
> >with 644 permissions, which Sendmail doesn't like (security issue). Is
>
> What version of forwards?  At least the newest code tries to set it
> to 600.

Eric, I have version 2.2.1 CVS.

> >there a way to configure the Forwards code to write a 600 file or do I
> >have to change the umask all the home directories??
>
> Well, don't know.  The current CVS HEAD tries to do that:
>
>        $_vfs->changePermissions('', '.forward', '0600');

Hmm, I have forwards/config/conf.php set for the .forward driver, but if I
grep this is what I see:

[root at spock forwards]# grep -R changePermission *
lib/Driver/qmail.php:        $_vfs->changePermissions('', '.qmail', '0600');

Why does it show .qmail instead of .forward???