[sork] Poppassd/passwd 500 error

Brendan B. Chard brendan at chard.net
Mon Mar 8 11:01:21 PST 2004

You will want to make sure that the poppassd server is being used and is
properly specified in your /etc/inetd.conf file

Below are the lines I have from my /etc/services and /etc/inetd.conf files

/etc/services
pop3pw          106/tcp    3com-tsmux   #Eudora compatible PW changer

/etc/inetd.conf
pop3pw  stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/local/libexec/poppassd
poppassd

When you telnet to your server on port 106 it should say:
200 poppassd v1.2 hello, who are you?

Hope that helps.

-Brendan