[sork] (reminder) Patch for vacation, concerns PEAR addresslist parser

Espen Jürgensen espen at hhkol.dk
Thu Jun 17 14:57:59 PDT 2004

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 09:21:18 +0200, Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote:

> We actually replaced all imap_rfc822* calls in the past with calling the
> Mail_RFC822 package because the builtin functions are pretty buggy
> depending on the c-client version you have and caused a lot of segfaults.

OK. Is that still the case?

> That means we need another solution, this probably need to be fixed
> somehow
> in the Mail package, but I don't know it good enough to step in with any
> solution. Perhaps we even need to look for a third alternative.

It's not really a bug in the Mail package, since they just stick to the RFC.
But of course it would be nice if they would add a feature, so their
functions could be used for dotforward-strings.

However, that would probably be more of a long-term solution. A quicker fix
of the bugs in vacation is needed. So a third alternative (for the parser)
could be to just use explode() with some modifications. It would work in
most cases. makeEmailAddress() could do the same, or it might be able to
keep using Mail_RFC with a couple of corrections.

Well, if you would like a patch (for the parser) which uses explode()
instead of imap_rfc let me know. And thankyou for your reply, by the way.

Regards
Espen