[sork] Quota Help for Newbie

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Jun 24 12:52:49 PDT 2004

Quoting Marco Obaid <marco at muw.edu>:

> I would like to display the quota for my users as they click on
> Accounts Manager.

This may or may not work without modifications, depending on your
disk+quota setup.

> The docs say that I would need:
> "This requires a modified "quota" command that allows the httpd server
> account to get quotas for other users". How do I make this modification?

You don't need to modify the program itself after RH 8.0.  The modifications
were needed for RH 6/7.

> I have a RHEL 3 and I checked my phpinfo() page and it shows that
> Posix is enabled.

Good.

> My conf.php has this block:
>
> $conf['server']['params'] = array(
>   'quota_path' => '/usr/bin/quota',
>   'grep_path'  => '/bin/grep'
> );
>
> Do I need to add 'driver' => 'command'

Yes, you'll need something like:

$conf['server']['driver'] = 'localhost';

using either localhost, command, or what ever (depending on your version).

> , @access public, @return mixed?

No, don't add that to your configuration.  That is phpdoc code, and not
part of the configuration.