[sork] Quota Help for Newbie

Marco Obaid marco at muw.edu
Thu Jun 24 21:27:59 PDT 2004

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:

> chmod u+s /usr/bin/quota
> chown root /usr/bin/quota

[root]# ls -la /usr/bin/quota
-rwsr-xr-x    1 root     root        75539 Aug 16  2003 /usr/bin/quota

> Looks good...  Try the above suid settings, and then report back what
> happens.

When I click on "Accounts Manager" on IMP menu, I get:

My Account Information
Login 	marco
Full Name 	Marco Obaid
Home Directory 	/home/marco
Default Shell 	/bin/tcsh

It looks like the function getQuota in lib/Driver/localhost.php is not
producing anything.

> You may (probably will) need to patch the sources to match changes I made to
> CVS HEAD today.  If you post the output of your quota command, I can better
> advise you as to if such patching will be needed or not...

Willing to give it a try !!!

By the way, if I execute quota marco at the prompt, I get this:
[root]# quota marco
Disk quotas for user marco (uid 500):
Filesystem  blocks   quota   limit   grace   files   quota   limit   grace
/dev/sda2    1004   95000  100000             201       0       0

Thank you,
Marco