[sork] Quota Help for Newbie

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Jun 24 21:56:32 PDT 2004

Quoting Marco Obaid <marco at muw.edu>:

> When I click on "Accounts Manager" on IMP menu, I get:
>
> My Account Information
> Login 	marco
> Full Name 	Marco Obaid
> Home Directory 	/home/marco
> Default Shell 	/bin/tcsh

It is picking up your home directory as "/home/marco" which is fine, but...

> By the way, if I execute quota marco at the prompt, I get this:
> [root]# quota marco
> Disk quotas for user marco (uid 500):
> Filesystem  blocks   quota   limit   grace   files   quota   limit   grace
> /dev/sda2    1004   95000  100000             201       0       0

The output doesn't list "/home" so it doesn't match anything.  So you will
need to patch the quota driver to translate "/home" into "/dev/sda2" so it
can find the match.  I'll try to generate a patch for you tomorrow.  (Unless
someone else beats me to it)