[sork] Quota Help for Newbie

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Jun 25 08:58:59 PDT 2004

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:

> It is picking up your home directory as "/home/marco" which is fine, but...
>
>> By the way, if I execute quota marco at the prompt, I get this:
>> [root]# quota marco
>> Disk quotas for user marco (uid 500):
>> Filesystem  blocks   quota   limit   grace   files   quota   limit   grace
>> /dev/sda2    1004   95000  100000             201       0       0
>
> The output doesn't list "/home" so it doesn't match anything.  So you will
> need to patch the quota driver to translate "/home" into "/dev/sda2" so it
> can find the match.  I'll try to generate a patch for you tomorrow.  (Unless
> someone else beats me to it)

Attached should be a patch to do the above.  I've not tested it.  Let me know
if the patch itself won't apply, or the patched code doesn't work, or you need
help configuring it, or what ever.  The patch is something I did real quick
from the CVS RELENG code base, so it may not apply cleanly to the different
release versions...

You will need to install the PEAR module File_Fstab.  You can do that,
usually,
with the command (as root):

pear install File_Fstab

You will also need to change your Accounts configuration file to set two new
parameters: translateMountPoint and translationTable.  On RH linux, you
can use
/etc/mtab for translationTable (or it should also work with /etc/fstab).  See
the comments in the patch (or patched driver) for info on setting them.

BTW, this patches the file accounts/lib/Driver/localhost.php :)