[sork] Ongoing vacation/forward problems

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Jul 15 13:15:09 PDT 2004

Quoting dhammer at kdhtech.com:

> I've managed to beat up forwards enough to convince it to work.  I had to
> go into the lib/drivers directory and edit the forwards.php file and add
>
> $conf['tmpdir'] = "/tmp";

This should be set in horde/config/conf.php, at least in CVS HEAD.  Don't
have a release version to check right now, but I'd bet it might be in
horde/config/horde.php in those?

> I'm sure this is NOT the method for fixing this problem.  But the variable

Nope.

> was empty and I have no idea where this should have been set so this is

In your horde config file.

> the only way I could think of to test it out.  It works for forwarding.

Good, at least we know what the problem is, now it is just a matter of how
to fix it.

> But it doesn't work for vacation service.  When I send a test mail to the
> vacation serviced mail account I get an error message bounced back to the
> sending email account...

> "|/usr/bin/vacation admin"
>     (reason: Data format error)

That is a totally different issue/problem.

> with the additional error of...
>
> 501 5.6.0 Data format error

Could be your files (.forward, .vacation*) have the wrong ownership or
permissions, or could be they are the wrong format, or could be you didn't
set up smrsh correctly.

> Any ideas how I can properly get this working?

Check the above.  Does vacation work if you set it up manually?  Does
a "vacation -i" fix the problem?  Are the permissions/ownership correct on
the files?