TR: [sork] My Forwardsis slowly

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Jul 20 07:56:19 PDT 2004

Quoting Debian <debian at temex.fr>:

>> Maybe you have a identd/auth check that is timing out on each check?

I'd still check for this.  It is a plausible explaination.

> I think my problem is in the installation of dot-forward. When I'm
> re-installed dot-forward, I've this message :

I see nothing wrong in those messages other than sloopy programming by
the author.

>> Maybe you have a network issue, or firewall issue, that is
>> delaying it?
>
> No, My network is OK,

Okay, I'll take that at face value.

> I've the same problem with another installation in a
> Debian but with red Hat it's OK.

Perhaps it is a difference in the host-based tcp_wrappers or host-based
firewall on the machines?  Or maybe the redhat is running auth/identd,
but the debian machines are not?

> II'ven't any firwall, I make my test in my

If you are not running firewall software on your machines, you should be.
But that is off topic.