[sork] passwd automatic backend choice

John Fletcher fletchweb at internode.net.au
Wed Jul 28 07:38:55 PDT 2004

Hi all,
I use IMP for webmail connections to two different mail servers, both
accessible from a drop-down list accessed on one single URL.

I have passwd running to allow change of password for both servers
(individually).  I want to allow the user to change the password on the mail
server he logged into only.  If I have backends configured to be shown, then
the user is able to log into one server and change his password on both
servers which I don't want.

So I need to hide the backends and auto select the appropriate one according
to the server he logged into.  Is this possible?  I tried using the
'preferred' variable but from what I can see this relates to the URL, which
is the same in both cases.  The only thing which differs is the IMP
'server'.

I guess I could hack around with the PHP code but I'd prefer not to.

In case you're wondering, the reason I don't want to allow changing both
passwords from one server login is that one of the mail servers is plain
text POP and the other one uses secure POP only so it would be a security
risk to allow a person to login with the plain text password and change the
secure POP password.

Thanks a lot.

John