[sork] Aliases and Vacation

Sébastien CORBEAU scorbeau at improve.fr
Thu Aug 12 15:24:23 PDT 2004

Selon Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:
> A hook that could be
> set by the admin to lookup aliases in a site dependent way and populate the
> alias field would be great
Great idea. Vacation can obtain aliases from
- /etc/aliases
- or ldap, database...
- or from the .forward file
and fill the field.
The user must be able to supplement the field or not according to the configuration.

I've take a look to the head version. What is the best way to do that?
In main.inc, we can replace:
<input name="alias" type="text" size="70">
by:
<input name="alias" type="text" size="70" value="<?php echo
htmlspecialchars($curaliases) ?>">

Can we use the same driver?
- if we retrieve aliases from the .forward file => same driver
in main.php: $curaliases = $driver->currentAliases($user, $realm, $pass);
- else we need to create a new driver

It's easier to use the same driver but, it's surer to find aliases elsewhere
(the .forward file is removed when the notification is removed)

What is your opinion?

Sébastien