[sork] Aliases and Vacation

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Aug 17 08:21:18 PDT 2004

Quoting Sébastien CORBEAU <scorbeau at improve.fr>:

> Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:
> > Sounds good to me.  Anyone want to start coding it?
> I'm looking for that, but are all submitted patches included in cvs?

If they work, are not buggy, come close to meeting the coding standards, etc.

> Secondly, what is the good format for the .forward file?
> -a alias1 alias2 alias3
> or
> -a alias1 -a alias2 -a alias3

The first is definately wrong.  It would have to be something like
-a "alias1 alias2 alias3" in order to parse correctly...

The man page doesn't say for sure (not mine at least) but it only lists one
alias following the -a switch.  So I would say the second format (multiple
switches, one for each alias) is probably the best.

> It only works with the second option for me but vacation use the first
> option.

Define what you mean by doesn't work.  Does it not parse, return an error,
only honor the last entry and ignore the previous ones, or something else?