[sork] LDAP and Forwards

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Sep 7 11:10:31 PDT 2004

Quoting Phil Freed <url-horde at freed.com>:

> Is anyone out there using the LDAP driver for Forwards?  I pulled it down
> from the CVS repository, but there seem to be a number of problems with
> it.  I'm working through them now.  Is there someone else who has already
> worked through some of this?

Looks like it hasn't been touched for a while, though I know some of the other
Sork LDAP drivers have been (I seem to have trouble keeping them straight, but
it may have been Vacation).

> I'm new to Horde, so I don't know that I'm the best qualified to commit
> changes to the source -- but I'd be glad to submit my code for review (if
> someone wants the job).
>
> What's the best way to proceed?  Should I get a CVS login and check out the
> LDAP driver?  Should I submit bug reports as I find problems?

If you're willing to work on patches, that'd be great - the best thing
would be
for you to send unified diffs of your changes (with explanations) either to
this list or (probably better) to include them in bug reports filed on
bugs.horde.org. If you keep at it, we'll definitely get you set up with a CVS
account.

Thanks,
-chuck