[sork] Multiple servers

Cliff Green green at umdnj.edu
Fri Nov 5 10:59:42 PST 2004

Jason Hoerr said:

> I need some help.
>  I have an IMP: 3.2.6 install on top of horde 2.2.7.  I have implement
> part of SORK but have run into an issue.  This webmail server services
> multiple backed servers. Mail1.example.com and Mail2.sample.com.  Each
> mail server has its own accounts and are in different domains.  Is it
> possible to configure passwd, forward and vacation to talk to these
> separate machines?  and if so how? right now in the
> /var/www/html/mail/horde/passwd/config file I have the following
> config:
>
> $backends['poppassd'] = array(
>    'name' => 'Mail1 E-mail Server',
>    'preferred' => '',
>    'password policy' => array(),
>    'driver' => 'poppassd',
>    'params' => array(
>        'host' => 'Mail1.example.com',
>        'port' => 106
>    )
> );

I'm using HEAD branch, but you should be able to do something similar.  In my
passwd backend.php, I've got:

$host = $_SESSION['imp']['server'];
$backends['expect'] = array(
     'name' => $host,
     'host' => $host,
     'preferred' => '',
     'password policy' => array(
         'minLength' => '6',
         'maxLength' => '8',
         'minNumeric' => '1',
         'minAlpha' => '1'),
     'driver' => 'expect',
     'params' => array(
         'program' => '/usr/bin/expect',
         'script' => 'scripts/passwd_expect',
         'params' => '-slogin -host ' . $host . ' -output /tmp/passwd.log'
     )
);

And I only need one backend for four servers.

With imp 3.2.x, I think you can use $imp['server'] instead of what I
have above.

Cliff Green
Academic Computing Services - UMDNJ
"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible." -- Frank Zappa